Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does rabbittransit provide weekend service on the rural and express routes?
There is no weekend service on Routes 12 (Columbia), 13 (Dover) and 16 (Spring Grove/Hanover). The 10S does operate on weekends; however, there is no service to Red Lion and Dallastown. The route returns inbound at the South York Plaza. However, please know that your service requests are important to us. We want to capture your interest for future planning purposes, so please fill out our Online Contact Form with your service request. See detailed route information and schedules here.
rabbitEXPRESS is a commuter service designed around the typical commuter hours/days. It does not currently operate on the weekends. See detailed rabbitEXPRESS route information and schedules here.
2. What is the schedule for the 83N (York to Harrisburg) & 83S (York to Northern Maryland)?
The rabbitEXPRESS service runs Monday through Friday. For detailed route and schedule information on the 83N & 83S, please click here.
3. How much does it cost to ride the York Fixed Route and rabbitEXPRESS?
Base cash fare for the York Fixed Route is currently $1.55*. Prepaid one-ride passes are available for $1.40. Children under 44” ride free, registered Seniors ride free, and transfers are free. For more information on discounted passes, please click here.
*Please note: On July 1, base cash fare will increase to $1.60.
Cash fares for a one-way trip on the rabbitEXPRESS are as follows:
● 83S (York to Northern Maryland) – $5.00
● 83N (York to Harrisburg) – $3.50
● 15N (Gettysburg to Harrisburg) – $3.50
● Registered seniors ride FREE (click here for more information)
● Children do NOT ride free
For more information on discounted passes, please click here.
4. Does rabbitransit provide fixed route service from York to Gettysburg or Hanover to Gettysburg?
At this time, we do not offer service from York to Gettysburg or from Hanover to Gettysburg. However, please know that your service requests are important to us. We want to capture your interest for future planning purposes, so please fill out our Online Contact Form with your service request.
5. What is Paratransit? Am I eligible for the service? How do I enroll?
Paratransit is a door-to-door bus service that provides consolidated trips or shared rides between customers’ origins and destinations that are not well served by the fixed route bus service. Paratransit, often referred to as “Shared Ride,” operates during limited hours and specific travel areas. There is a required application and reservation process.
To determine if you are eligible for any of the programs or for a program application, please click here.
6. Does rabbittransit provide service to Baltimore?
At this time we do not offer service directly to Baltimore. However, the 83S (York to Northern Maryland) links to the MTA Light Rail system in Hunt Valley and Timonium, which allows for connections to Baltimore and beyond. See 83S schedule information here and route information here.
7. How do I get to Apple Hill Medical Center?
Access to Apple Hill Medical Center is provided free of charge by the Apple Hill Shuttle, (Route 32) which runs between York Hospital and Apple Hill and operates Monday through Friday 8:15 AM – 3:15 PM. Connections to the Route 32 can be made via the 8S & 9S at York Hospital. See detailed schedule here.
8. When does the next bus arrive at my location?
Determining when the next bus is scheduled to arrive at your location is easy with our Infopoint: Next Bus Arrival rider tool. Infopoint is a real-time website which shows up-to-the-minute bus locations. Click here for the current status of all Fixed Route and rabbitEXPRESS service including live estimated bus locations and departures. Select the specific route name you are interested in to find the location for that bus route. Click on the individual gray circle bus stops to identify the next arrival times.
9. Where do I find the schedules for each route?
For detailed schedule information on the fixed routes, please click here. For detailed schedule information on the rabbitEXPRESS routes, please click here.
10. What are the hours for the York Transfer Center? Where is it located?
The Downtown York Transfer Center is located at 213 W. King Street (at the corner of Pershing and King). The hours are weekdays 7:00 AM – 6:45 PM and Saturdays 7:45 AM – 3:45 PM.
11. How do I get to the Manchester businesses?
Manchester businesses are accessible via Route 6N, Monday through Friday. For detailed route and schedule information for the 6N, please click here.