Passengers are responsible for obtaining pick-up times for the next day’s travel.
rabbittransit utilizes an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system for Shared Ride/Paratransit passengers. This automated phone system is very similar to what medical providers have been using for the past several years.
For those who are signed up, riders receive an automated call on the evening before the trip to confirm the pick-up time, location and return time. For pick-up times, the system will provide a window of 30 minutes around your scheduled trip times (i.e. “You will be picked up between 3:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. for a scheduled 4:00 p.m. trip”).
This FREE service allows riders to skip calling rabbittransit to receive pick-up times for a trip the next day. Make sure rabbittransit has your current accurate phone number when booking your trip request.
What does the IVR automated phone system say?
· The system will confirm the pick-up times and locations for your trips.
· For pick-up times, the system will provide a window of 30 minutes around your scheduled trip times (i.e. “You will be picked up between 3:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. for a scheduled 4:00 p.m. trip”)
· Please note, some destinations may be pronounced differently.
What else can the IVR automated phone system do?
· Call you just before your vehicle arrives – Known as the Imminent Arrival Feature, the system sends a call shortly before your vehicle arrives. This is most helpful for those carrying cell phones with them who have that cell phone number listed as the primary number on file.
· Cancel your trip – The system will allow you to cancel your trip (press #2). If the message goes to an answering machine/voicemail, you will be prompted to contact rabbittransit to make any change.
· Offer a Callback Feature – Instead of waiting on hold, the system allows you to opt to have a customer service agent call you back by prompting you to enter your phone number.
If you are signed up for the automated phone system and for some reason do not receive a call before 6:30PM the night before, call the rabbittransit Call Center before 7PM at 1-800-632-9063.
Questions? Speak with a customer service representative for more information on this easy-to-use, FREE service from rabbittransit.